I’m pretty sure this will help nobody and it’s unlikely I will have the same problem again but just in case…
If you are having difficulty installing iWorks 09 from the DVD, then this is what I went through to finally get it to work.
- Bought iWorks 09 from the Apple store, and they sent the software on a DVD (how retro!).
- Tried to install the software, but each time I was asked for a serial number or to install from the DVD.
- No serial number could be found on box, inside box, on disc etc. Confusion reigned.
- Figured as a trial version of iWorks was installed that perhaps my Mac was also confused.
- Removed the application from the
Applicationsdirectory and removed any iWorks cache files from
- Reinstalled and this time it crashed when loading… sigh.
- After a long search, I found a full list of what I need to delete to make sure no trace of iWorks exist (below).
- Restarted Mac, reinstalled and registered, I’m now good to go.
/Macintosh HD/Applications/iWork '09 (folder)
/Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts/iWork09* (any file in this folder that refers to iWork)
/Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/iWork '09 (folder)
/Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/iWork (folder--if present)
/username/Library/Application Support/iWork (folder)
[NOTE:: Not sure if it’s relevant, but I used terminal to delete these files as I didn’t trust Mac Finder at this stage!]